Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas Day! 2006



It's Christmas morning and "The Judge boys" are laying around in the living room, drinking coffee and talking cook shows, and I think from the computer room I am hearing a bit of "reminiscing" -- - Ralph/Grandpa/G.G Papa - is in the kitchen close by, making Grandma Jamiesons Americanized version of "Trifle" - - YUM! he has already made the newly introduced Gingerbread trifle, the Scottish shortbread - and his mothers (grandma Judge ,the other one) - cut out Christmas cookies with colored sugar frosting! Plates of those tied with pretty bows, have been given to neighbors - and two more platters will be taken to the family gathering this afternoon at 3!
Here in Arizona, there is no snow - but the temperature this a.m. IS down in the low 50's - although it is to rise to 65o by mid-day. The sun is shining - and I love it! I don't miss "A White Christmas" at all! Besides - last I heard, it was raining in Buffalo - so there!:)
It's time to go and join in, in the kitchen living room - just thought I'd check in for Christmas morning!
Grandma, Mom, G.G Joni

2 comments:

BJ said...

Ted used sherry in our trifle - but it was enjoyed by the four of us here (Dad, Ted, a friend of mine, and me; Seth is in NC with his family).

Grandma J said...

:) HEY! we each like it differently - OF course with our family , it all ties into "Memories" - and growing up with Grandma Jamieson's Holidays - Have Had it with Sherry, Have Had it the "English" way (YUk) (and perhaps that IS the English way - can't quite remember, that was about 35 years ago - but still much prefer the raspberry jelly (with seeds please!) - and Pineapple juice of my childhood. :) I'll drink my sherry "straight" .
Heard from Anne Jamieson in France, that they are having Champagne today and with it,"Galette du berry" that Anne is making - I've written to ask what that is :) . (I'm a wine cooler sort of person , myself - :)
And SCOTCH!!! reminds me of the worst medicine I ever had to swallow as a kid!
Main thing -- each make "Trifle" the way they most enjoy! and have a good time!
We had 3 kinds today!I'll write more about our day tomorrow. or the next day :)