Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A sunny Wednesday morning

Just did a few routine morning tasks and then decided to tackle this site once again - - I think I managed the task of producing a picture of Grandpa and me and getting it on to my blog site.
Wrote a few e-mails - some of a "Nag" nature :) Begging for pictures of Great-grandchildren in their Halloween costumes . Ha --some things never change. (Methinks it's a g.g.'s JOB to Nag for pictures!)
For a bit of news -- - had a lifetime friend of Aunt Babe's come to the door last week! Lorraine is 90 years old -! and she stood at the door saying - "Hello there - I'm trying to work my way through college and I just wondered if you could help me out a little bit" - well at about her last word - I KNEW who it was! and blurted out "LORRAINE!" -- She was surprised that I remembered her - - but there was something about her voice coupled with a look in her face - that brought back lot's of long ago memories. She was here visiting her grandson and wife - and so we got to visit with them as well - and had a nice "Memory time" -- :)
Not much else here of interest going on -- Papa Ralph is well into the music of Christmas in his 3 different singing groups -- and that gets sandwiched into the upkeep of his mouth (Dentist) and body (cardiologist) - -and waaay too many Appointments this month! Just like a car -- the older it gets the more maintenence it takes -- Ha!

3 comments:

The Martins said...

I want to know where/when papa's christmas concerts for his "three singing groups" are!
-sarah

Grandma J said...

will get his schedule and post it:)
Probably the best one is at the Kerr Center in Scottsdale.
Many are at nursing or Retirement communities. :)
One of the 3 is of course church choir and they only perform at Sunday morning church.

Victor and Kathy Karcich said...

Wow! I am so proud of you. You seem to be getting the hang of this thing. Will any of Grandpa's concerts be around the 19th. Vic and I will be in town for Christmas. As long as our vehicles behave as they should.