Monday, November 27, 2006

Monday nite before Jury duty-

It's Monday evening - and I DO go downtown to Superior court tomorrow to report for Jury duty. I considered not showing up - but it's close to Christmas and I decided not to spend it in jail. - -I don't mind the jury duty - when I'm called to Mesa -- - but I dread going downtown and I can't picture myself taking buses from out here in East Mesa to downtown Phoenix - waiting at the bus stops --etc, etc. (I know , I know - I'm acting like a princess)
Dad has decided to go with me - since he'd be stuck in the house anyway - without a car.
We're hoping he can get in and we can both enjoy reading together all day - but they probably won't allow him in without a JUrors Badge. I'd like to strangle the legislators who raised the age from 70 to 75 for doing our good citizen tour of Jury duty.
Enough of that!
Ralphs brother Tom passed away on Sunday morning -
ANd my brother is still in hospital with pneumonia and having a bit of trouble with breathing - - since his car accident - His offspring have returned to their homes out of state - hopeful that friends there will help where they can - as many have promised.
We've been in touch with Tommy Judge today -- and Maryann his mom. Had lot's of talk- back down Memory Lane -
Tommy recalled the many fun Christmas Eve's at Grandma's and/or Aunt Babe's and Christmas nights at the Judge house :)
Off to bed soon -- for an early rise -- Joan Judge - reporting for Duty at 8 a.m. ! ugh
I'll try a happy post soon :)

2 comments:

Victor and Kathy Karcich said...

Grandma,
I don't think I have ever even asked you, and I feel so dumb not to have. But how many brothers and sisters do you and grandpa both have? Its funny, I guess I always thought Grandpa was an only child. I have never heard either of you speak of his sibling(s). Today we got a foot of snow, so be oh so happy that your not off to jury duty mucking around in that. LOL, see you are blessed. I try to avoid going out at all because even a simple trip to the store for milk can be such a choir at times. I can't wait for an Arizona Christmas. Have fun at jury duty and tell grandpa, that I am sorry to hear about his brother.

Grandma J said...

Kathy- - both Grandpa and me are the youngest of FIVE! Sadly - he is now the only surviving sibling. I think it must be kind of a strange and sad feeling. :(
I WILL relay your sympathies to Grandpa --
you will read on my blog that I have been freed from jury duty!
Yes - I know it could have been worse - but oh -how downtown Phoenix has changed! I'd have been lost for sure!
Believe me! Iknow I am blessed! I survived 41 years in snow and ice ! ha! I don't miss "white Christmases" at all. Eric asked me that on Thanksgiving - he still misses the seasons of his Ohio. But he only had about 25 of them:)